- Key Stages 3 and 4 Curriculum
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Year 9 Guided Pathways/Options
- Design & Technology
- Health & Social Care
- Philosophy & Ethics
- Key Stage 5 Curriculum (Mirfield College)
- New GCSEs from 2017
- Curriculum Statement
The MFG Academies Trust is committed to providing a curriculum that will prepare students for the opportunities responsibilities and experiences of adult life. Our vision is for all our young people to leave formal education as happy, confident and well-rounded individuals. Our mission is to equip these young people with valuable skills that prepare them for the challenges that life will throw at them. We are acutely aware that what is on the inside of a person’s character, such as: drive, resilience, tenacity, integrity, respect, the ability to work as part of a team and their attitude are just as important as their academic qualifications.
This vision is underpinned by our aims which are:
- To sustain a culture of high expectations in which every individual is valued equally.
- To equip all our students for lifelong learning enabling them to achieve their potential.
- To provide an environment in which all staff experience a sense of professional well-being and are enabled to give of their best.
- To provide an engaging, creative and enjoyable experience of teaching and learning.
- To engender a sense of personal worth and physical and emotional well-being which enables students to become confident, self-reliant, self-disciplined, healthy and responsible.
- To promote excellent standards of behaviour through highly effective personal relationships.
- To equip students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary for them to make a positive contribution to society and prepare them for the world of work.
- To foster effective partnerships between students, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Aspiration drive the above.
We offer a curriculum which is rich, broad, balanced, vibrant, coherent and where possible personalised for the individual in the context of the Academy and the community it serves.