- Principal's Message
- Our Mission & Aims
- Our Values
- Consultation on Admission Arrangements 2019-2020
- General Information
- Accessibility Plan
- Behaviour for Learning Policy
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Complaints Policy and Procedure
- Curriculum Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Equal Opportunities & Plan
- Online Safety Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Sex and Relationship Policy
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Careers and Work Experience Policy
- Pupil Premium/Catch-up
- Exam Performance and Student Destinations
7th Nov 2017
6th Nov 2017
20th Oct 2017
20th Oct 2017
15th Sep 2017
Ofsted Inspection Report 2012
We were inspected by Ofsted on 28th and 29th May 2012 under the new rigorous 2012 Ofsted framework. Under this framework, only 5.7% of secondary schools inspected (Jan-Mar 2012) have received an Outstanding rating. We are pleased to announce that we have retained our Outstanding rating, and in fact have now been graded Outstanding in all categories:
- Overall Effectiveness – 1 Outstanding – “This is an outstanding school with an outstanding sixth form. The proportion of teaching that is outstanding is increasing and enabling almost all students to make rapid and sustained progress.
- Achievement of pupils – 1 Outstanding – Achievement has improved significantly over the last three years and is outstanding. Students attain at a higher level than students nationally by the time they leave the school. Almost all students made outstanding progress overall from their starting points.
- Quality of teaching – 1 Outstanding – The quality of teaching has improved since the last inspection. The good and outstanding teaching accelerated students’ progress in 2011. School monitoring shows how rigorous and well planned strategies, ably led by senior leaders, have rapidly improved teaching and students’ learning.
- Behaviour and safety of pupils – 1 Outstanding – Behaviour and safety are outstanding. Students move around school and work in lessons with exceedingly impressive maturity and show mutual respect which very effectively supports both their personal development and their learning, preparing them exceptionally well for the future. Attendance was above average in 2011 and continues to improve.
- Leadership and management – 1 Outstanding – The school’s behaviour management strategies have transformed behaviour to the extent that students exhibit a subtle and unspoken expectation that everyone will conduct themselves with dignity and respect. Achievement in the sixth form has improved rapidly as a result of determination and strategic planning by senior leaders. The recent impressive programme of professional development for improving teaching has resulted in a significant increase in the number of outstanding lessons. There is an extensive and rigorous programme of self-evaluation of teaching and leadership at all levels so that expectations of staff are high. The school’s curriculum very effectively supports students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Sixth Form - The sixth form is outstanding. Students of all abilities are admitted and all groups make progress through courses well suited to their needs and aspirations.”
The full report is provided below: